The same faces serving the same Unique Party regime !
Release for the Press
The First Session of the National Assembly (6th Legislature) which has been convened on 8 June 2006, had elected the President and Vice Presidents, Heads and Deputy Heads of Commissions of the National Assembly (6th Legislature) as following:
1. H.E. Mr. Thongsing Thammavong, President of the National Assembly;
2. H.E. Mrs. Pany Yathortou, Vice President;
3. H.E. Dr. Saysomphone Phomvihane, Vice President.
The Deputies also had also elected:
1. H.E. Mr. Choummaly Sayasone as President of the Lao PDR;
2. H.E. Mr. Bounnhang Vorachith as Vice President of the Lao PDR.
As proposed by the President of the Lao PDR, the National Assembly also endorsed H.E. Mr. Bouasone Bouphavanh as Prime Minister of the Lao PDR and approved the proposal of the new Prime Minister a new Cabinet of the Lao PDR as following:
1. H.E. Mr. Bouasone Bouphavanh, Prime Minister of the Lao PDR;
Deputy Prime Ministers
2. H.E. Mr. Asang Laoly, Deputy Prime Minister and Chairman of the State Control Commission;
3. H.E. Mr. Dr. Thongloun Sisoulith, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs;
4. H.E. Mr. Lt. General Douangchay Phichith, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense;
5. H.E. Mr. Somsavat Lengsavad, Deputy Prime Minister and Standing Committee of the Government;
6. H.E. Mr. Thongbanh Seng-Aphone, Minister of Security;
7. H.E. Mrs. Onechanh Thammavong, Minister of Labour and Social Welfare;
8. H.E. Mr. Chansy Phosikham, Minister of Finance;
9. H.E. Mr. Mounkeo Olaboun, Minister of Information and Culture;
10. H.E. Mr. Chaleuan Yapaoher, Minister of Justice;
11. H.E. Mr. Soulivong Dalavong, Chairman of Planning and Investment Committee;
12. H.E. Mrs. Bounpheng Mounphosay, Minister to the Prime Minister’s Office and Head of Public Administration and Civil Authority;
13. H.E. Mr. Soubanh Srithirath, Minister and Head of Cabinet, President’s Office;
14. H.E. Mr. Dr. Phonmek Dalaloy, Minister of Health;
15. H.E. Mr. Dr. Pr. Somkot Mangnormek, Minister of Education;
16. H.E. Mr. Dr. Nam Vignaket, Minister of Industry and Commerce;
17. H.E. Mr. Cheuang Sombounkhanh, Minister and Head of Government Secretariats;
18. H.E. Mr. Dr. Bosaikham Vongdala, Minister of Energy and Mining;
19. H.E. Mr. Sommath Pholsena, Minister of Communication, Transport, Posts and Construction;
20. H.E. Mr. Onneua Phommachanh, Minister to the Prime Minister’s Office;
21. H.E. Mr. Kham-Ouane Boupha, Minister to the Prime Minister’s Office;
22. H.E. Mr. Dr. Pr. Bountiem Phitsamay, Minister and Head of Science, Technology and Environment Agency;
23. H.E. Mr. Saysengly Tengbliacheua, Minister to the Prime Minister’s Office;
24. H.E. Mr. Somphong Mongkhonvilay, Minister and Chairman of National Tourism Authority;
25. H.E. Mr. Bouasy Lovansay, Minister to the Prime Minister’s Office;
26. H.E. Mr. Khamlouad Sitlakone, Minister and Chairman of National Mekong Committee;
27. H.E. Mr. Sitaheng Latsaphone, Minister of Agriculture and Forestry;
28. H.E. Mr. Phouphet Khamphounvong, Governor of National Bank.
Vientiane, 8 June 2006.
Director General & Spokesman